Thursday, March 7, 2013

Why....Just....Why

It's like a freaking roller coaster here. Things are great (top of hte coaster) and then you ride screaming your head off to the bottom where you're convinced you'll die from a heart attack. Too dramatic?

Lets see, over this last two weeks, the boys got colds, got better, now Mason's coughing again (but not congested) and Noah's congested (but not coughing) and so far no fevers (THANK YOU). Thursday the dryer quit so I'm taking our sopping wet laundry either next door or a few doors down to the nicest people who put up with me. Friday I went to the grocery store. No big deal right? WRONG. Went to a different one on the way home to grab the string cheese on sale, got to the car (in the snow) and it wouldn't start. Waited 20 minutes for a friend to come try to jump it, wouldn't jump, so he took us and our groceries home. Then the tow truck came to take it across the street, literall, but he was able to jump it so I drove it (YAY!). $221 later it was just the battery, grrr.

I truly have no idea what day it is. Aaron's birthday was Monday, we went next door for dinner and had fun. Wednesday was the day of "The worst snow storm in two years" that was going to bury us in snow. So, we went a few doors down to a friends to have some chili. Walked there in slush and rain.

Mason's been a complete crab the last few days and wont let me put him down or not be touching him in some way. He has started getting up on all fours, pushing himself backward and he's a great sitter though. He's also a fantastic eater. He's added kidney and red beans, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cornbread, crackers, spaghetti squash, pasta, scrambled eggs, spinach pancakes and carrots to his list. He just loves food. He's also a HUGE fan of the Lil Crunchies from Gerber.

Noah has been a riot. He's on this kick where he'll tell us "you're the best mommy/daddy in the world" and we have to respond with "you're the best Noah in the world" or he'll get angry. Lol. He found a shovel at Target adn bought it with his money so he was asking begging for snow so he could shovel it. Sadly, he only got to shovel slush. :-( He has also been begging for home`school to start. I'M NOT READY KID! Lol. We keep telling him this summer we'll start, but he wont listen. He's blasted threw his first series of Bob Books and the worksheets and we're getting ready to start the second set. He's also memorized my phone number, most of Aaron's and our address. He can also fully spell his name! Noah truly is amazing.

Aaron's doing great, he's getting ready to do a preceptor course (you know, after already precepting someone) and he's studying to do his med/surg test later this year. He's really excited about all the opportunities he's going to get to go for now that many on his floor are transferring and he'll be one of the senior most officers on the floor (but not the one with the most experience). I'm so proud of him and everything he's done.

I'm still just doing my thing and cruising along. Most days I'm trying to keep my head above water and not get stuck at the bottom, which I seem to do a lot. It's overwhelming when both kids are demanding attention or being held or food or a nap or a drink or nursing (only Mason) or this or that. I have no clue what I'll do when they're both walking talking yelling running EVERYWHERE. The thought of Mason crawling scares me!

Things are still on track to visit home this summer. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. If it were up to me, I'd be packed right now. Haha. Granted not much fits me these days (it's hard to work out when you're overwhelmed and stuck home). So, that's why I'm on a mission to eat healthier and do workouts at home. I can't do much because of my knees (they're about 80 yrs old. No really....) but I'm determined. I bought several pairs of shorts two years ago and imagined I'd wear them last summer. Well, a pregnancy prevented that, and this summer, I'm not going to let my laziness make me not be in them.

Now, it's 11:10 and I'm going to bed to watch some Downton Abby (to see what it's all about) before I fall asleep or be yelled at by a 7 month old sleeping next to me.

Good night. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment