The boys had their well visits today for 5yrs and 18m. Easy Peasy, right? HAHAHAHA no
We got there 30 min early and there was some sort of dental festival going on. Lots of kids, doctors and general stuff happening. Face painting, prizes, balloon animals, etc. We were told we could go check it out after our appointment. We got called back for their vitals. Noah is 41 pounds and 44 inches tall. Mason I have no idea on height because he was thrashing and screaming but I know he's 27lbs.
Talking to the doctor was interesting as well. Mason refused to let her touch him and screamed when she did. Awesome. Noah did great and had fun entertaining Mason while I talked to the Dr. She was listening to Noah and I noticed she listened a lot. I thought it was interesting that she was having him sit up and lay down a few times. Turns out she heard a murmur. So she put in a consult for us.
We headed out to make the appointment and stopped to refill a prescription. We got to the appointment desk at 2:22 and they had an available appointment for 2:30. So we went over there, and that whole thing took a good 45 minutes at least. I should have gotten a picture of him all hooked up to the EKG, but I was too busy trying to calm him and entertain Mason at the same time. Two doctors listened to Noah and said he has the "good kind of heart murmur" and it's ok if he has it his whole life. WHEW.
But, there's still one other concern. Noah hasn't gained weight. In fact, he's lost almost two pounds. He eats like crazy, so that's concerning her. His asthma is still controlled and he hasn't needed his albuterol in almost two months. He does get tired pretty easily throughout the day and can sometimes have to breathe a bit heavier than you'd expect.
After the cardiologist we had to go get Mason his vaccine, which of course he thrashed and screamed through.
On our way out I noticed an older guy who seemed a bit disoriented. Turns out they were looking for him and I did a good deed today by helping out. I'm glad he's ok now. It was freezing in that parking garage.
We pigged out on muffins and granola bars on the way home and Noah cleaned his plate of Anne's Ma & Cheese, roasted chicken, mandarin oranges, celery and peanut butter. Where does it go!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment