There wasn't too much that went on during the time Aaron was gone, but it seemed like it was never ending crazyness!
He left March 20 and drove from MD to TX alone. It was nice talking to him to make sure he was ok but I was still SO nervous. I was also nervous about being alone with the kids for 4 months. Thankfully, it was made tolerable by a couple trips, neighbors and a landlord who listed or house halfway (think crazy cleanings).
March-
Not much went on after Aaron left. He had worked several day stints before so the boys didn't really notice much, thankfully, and they had a new play kitchen to keep them pretty busy.
April-
Three words....Hand.Foot.Mouth. They got it. Scared me like none other. Mason got it first, his rash was on his hands, feet and diaper area. He also had a fever for 3 or 4 days. Noah had the mouth sores and hand sores as well as a fever. It was a rough week. And rough is putting it nicely.
We made a few trips to Ikea and many more to Target than I'd care to admit.
Overall it was a low key time. Nothing really major went on other than Easter and we went up to PA to celebrate with family. The boys had a blast playing in the yard and on the tractor
May-
Things started to sink in and I tried getting my feet planted to work on getting the house ready for the move. I got a new phone (that was big for me) and I started working on working out.
The biggest news was that Noah lost his first tooth! He was SO excited, and scared, for that step. He loved playing with the tooth and wiggling it around. He thought it was hilarious. When it was time for it to actually come out, he was eating some apple and started crying that his tooth hurt. I asked him to let me see, and it was really bloody in there. He got a wet paper towel and I barely touched it and it fell out. Later, before bed, he built a tiny box for the tooth fairy to find it and put it next to his bed. For his special first tooth, I printed a certificate and gave him a $5 silver certificate. He was SO happy and showed it to Aaron on Skype the next morning.
For Mothers Day we went out with a neighbor friend and her family to a local pizza place. It was delicious and they had complimentary champagne and cake to celebrate. It was so much fun. Earlier before we went, Noah was at their house working on a special project which was actually and adorable treasure box for me.
There was a new playground built in the neighborhood so a celebration/ribbon cutting was set up for everyone. Noah got his face painted to be a pirate and Mason obsessively played with Emma, who lived down the street, and a wagon. It was a lot of fun.
We also celebrated the promotion of two friends we met through Aaron. Megan and Kelsey worked on Aaron's floor and Aaron actually precepted Megan. She and Kelsey have gotten to be amazing friends and we even babysat Bruce (their dog) for them while they were on their honeymoon.
June-
The very end of May and into the beginning of June we took a BIG trip, well, biggest to date. I flew with the boys to see Aaron. Getting there went surprisingly well. OK, the flights did. I was lugging a toddler, two car-seats, a carry on (overhead size), a diaper bag, a purse and Noah's carry on (overhead size), also they each had a bookbag. So that wasn't too fun, especially in the giant airports running to gates and getting it all on the plane.
Being with Aaron again was amazing. It was only a couple days, but it was so wonderful. He had an actual apartment so it wasn't too difficult to do things. He was about a mile and a half from the zoo, so we hit that up one day, and also got some Olive Garden. It was entirely way too short, but the boys loved it.
Sadly the flight home wasn't so awesome. Our first, and shortest, flight Mason threw up. All over me. All over him. It went down my shirt and into the only bra I had and when we went to clean up and change clothes, I forgot my shirt (which I sat in the sink on accident when I took it off), so I had to come back out with my maxi skirt hiked up to look like a strapless dress. That wasn't embarrassing at all. The rest of the flight time went ok and Mason slept some. Noah was fantastic and helped out with Mason, went to the bathroom alone and kept busy with books and the iPad.
Shortly after coming home, the landlord tells us he's listing the house. He gave me 4 days notice, que panic, so that sent me into a cleaning frenzy. I was responsible for setting up showings and actually showing the house. Some gave us near no notice, as in "hey, I'm driving up the street right now". So that was....awesome.
Apparently this is where I stopped writing and I don't know when that was, so hopefully I can pick up from here!
No comments:
Post a Comment