Noah decided he wanted a Minecraft party. Trick is, there are NO MINECRAFT PARTY SUPPLIES ANYWHERE!!!!! So that meant this would be a full DIY party.
I started working on getting ideas for the last couple months. It wasn't until last week I started making the items. With Christmas so close it made getting a few things easier. So after I went through and wrote out what I wanted to do and food we were going to have, I started shopping. I picked up things here and there that were on sale from Christmas that would work well with the theme. A good amount was DIY though.
Here are the favor bags the kids got. In each creeper bag was a t-shirt, a wrapped Hershey, a mini figure, a hanger figure, homemade slime and a laminated bookmark.
I got a lot of my ideas for decorations from Pinterest and the game itself. First I made a food list of what's on the game and searched around for a seller who had food ID's that had the pictures and names. I also looked up other decorations we could do easily, like the spider in the corners, the paper plate creeper and table. Slowly I started collecting the plastic Minecraft sets, PaperCraft sets and general party supplies. I tried really hard to keep the budget down on this, and I think I did well, but we certainly spent more than I had planned to.
The coal was from Target's Christmas sale. Thankfully they had a couple bags left so I grabbed all I could.
I put the more delicate PaperCraft items in the back of the table to fill it in and keep them from being bent or broken.
In Minecraft there are spiders that can crawl all over and attack you. I saw several Pinterest pictures of spiders and thought it was awesome. Hard to put up, but great reactions from kids.
We had hamburger as "cooked beef", hamburger buns as "bread", chicken nuggets as "chicken", and beef jerky as "zombie flesh".
Colby cheese was "lava, tomatoes as "redstone, crabapples as "apples", green grapes as "emeralds", blueberries as "diamonds, and pretzel sticks as "sticks"
Twizzlers as "TNT", cookies for the "cookies" and the chocolate coals for "coal".
I put one of each animal over in the corner under the trees with the cute fences that Aaron put together.
We made the Enderman out of black balloons, duck tape, and streamers. I put black paper as his body and covered with streamers to give it more of a solid look.
I used the front door to make a Ghast for the kids, front and back, it was fun but hard to figure out. Haha
The brewing station was a huge project for me. I wanted to do a potion area but it was practically impossible to find all the stuff I needed for it, especially for free. So, I painted the wooden letters and hot glued them on, printed a picture from the internet and made the potion bottles from perler beads and attached with hot glue. Could have been better, but I'm pretty pleased. The bottles of water had a fun label put on and they mixed in powdered drink mix to make up their potions.
The rest of the decorations were random little things. The lanterns were made into magma cubes and I filled the middle with the balloons and streamers in the main colors we used.
The plush animals were a ton of fun. They had a creeper, enderman, mooshroom, pig, sheep, and oscelot to play with.
The cake was a HUGE surprise to Noah. I was so happy when he reacted the way he did when he saw it. We got an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and I asked for a Minecraft theme. When Aaron picked it up we topped it with the little animals and candles he asked for.
After the cake the kids freaked out and ran around screaming all over the house. So we all went out to the playground. After that we came back and opened gifts. Then, of course, played Minecraft on the Xbox.
What Minecraft party would be a Minecraft party without Minecraft.......
******************************************************
Mason went to the ER yesterday morning for croup. My poor little guy couldn't breathe and it was terrifying. In the span of 24 hours we were hammered with storms, lost power twice, went to the ER, came home to no power and finally got a bit of sleep.
I had been up 22hrs by the time I went to sleep an THANKFULLY they let Aaron stay home. I don't know what I would have done without him this weekend. He helped decorate, let me sleep, snuggled the boys, corralled the kids, and dealt with me being crazy about the party.
Mason did better last night, but he was completely exhausted by the end of today. He didn't nap, ran all over the house and played on the playground. Hopefully tonight goes well and he'll be a lot better by morning, but we'll see.
He gave us some great snuggles though
































What an amazing, creative party!!! Bet you'll be the kids' favorite go-to Mom when it comes to parties from now on. Love the goody bags and foods you chose. (Cute labels for them!)
ReplyDelete