This is my first year away from my family. For both Aaron and myself in fact. We miss Kansas so much. Multiple times a week we'll look at each other and say "I want to go back to KS", or "I miss KS". We do, truly.
Maryland is so different. Now, not everyone is this way, but most are. Rude, reserved and rushed. Everyone seems to honk for one reason or another and their mentality seems to be "get what you need and don't worry about anyone else." There are exceptions, there are nice people who make it ok, but overall, it's not KS.
Christmas away from family is hard. No traditional foods, festivities and gatherings. No exchanging presents and naps on someones couch. It's hard.
Today was good though, little man opened his presents and went NUTS over it all. He got: a train track set (with trains), preschool tracing/prep book, ball set (basketball, football and soccer ball), basketball hoop, dinosaur book, Christmas book and Cars 2.
Tomorrow we head up to Pennsylvania to see some family on Dad's side. I made a sweet potato casserole with praline topping for it. I'll put up all the pictures tomorrow after he opens his plethora of gifts there. Lol.
I'd like to make a special section for our angel, Avery, who left us two years ago tonight. Christmas's will never be the same and they'll never be forgotten. We would have had a year and a half old plus our darling three year old (well, almost). We're blessed to have our little man and we'll always remember our angels watching over us.
Merry Christmas Eve.
Hugs! This time of year is so hard, but I love that we have our own personal angels watching out for us. I'm sorry that you're so homesick and that the MD'ers are being rude. I grew up on the outskirts of MD and would like to think that I'm the exception ;). I don't live that far from MD now, in PA. If you'd ever like to meet a bumpie and chat,let me know. I'd love it. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and have a very happy new year!!!!
ReplyDelete