I've been swamped with shop stuff and also got a bit sick this week. Wrong time to get sick, huh? Right as Christmas orders are picking up. Thankfully I'm feeling better and we're back to rolling along.
Aaron's still doing his work thing and studying a lot. He gets Friday and Monday off for Christmas though, so a 4 day weekend will be nice.
Noah is cruising along still. He talks ALL the time and is all over. He loves playing with the neighbors and going out around the city.
We made the big trip yesterday! We went on the metro to the Air & Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History. They were amazing, busy, but amazing. It was also awesome just going there because of the beautiful buildings. We saw a castle (which I am pretty sure is a church), the Washington Monument, the capitol building, some interesting art and a cool McDonald's stand outside the A&S Museum.
These are all in the Air and Space Museum
We stopped off in the massive eating area, including a McDonald's, Boston Market and pizza place. Along with the main eating area, there were also 4 McDonald's "treats" areas with desserts. It's crazy in there.
After that we were going to go home, but I didn't want to get on the Metro after eating a good sized lunch (I get motion sickness). So, we walked over to the Museum of Natural History. On the way there, we saw a crap ton of Santa's everywhere. They all converged in the "park" area at the carousel. It was creepy. I told Aaron it was probably the holiday edition of Occupy Washington. Lol.
These are all in the Museum of Natural History
I'm a huge sapphire lover, so I liked this last one better than the Hope Diamond ;-)
The trip back on the Metro was stressful because they were doing track maintenance so all the trains were crazy busy and crammed. Noah loved it though. Sadly, each way was about an hour so that wasn't fun for me, but riding backward seemed to help a bit.





















No comments:
Post a Comment