Friday, April 20, 2012
Big Big Boy Bed
It's official, Noah's got his Twin bed.
We made our first trip to IKEA two days ago (Wednesday) to pick it up. We left bright and early, got stuck in the morning rush traffic and got there at 9:15am.
Yeah.....they didn't open until 10......
So we drove around, walked around a grocery store and hung out in the car for a bit. It wasn't too bad. We got back at 9:50 and realized other people were walking in. Turns out the "cafe" opens at 9:30am. Sigh.
So, we went in and walked around, found the kids area and looked at a few beds. Noah picked out the one that I had found online and I picked out a mattress from a nearby bed that was nice.
Noah picked out a few things:
We walked to the warehouse thing, found the boxes and mattress and headed out. We got to work on the bed after nap time and had to enlist the help of our neighbor Chris. It took them until 8pm, taking doors off the frame and finding out that the mattress doesn't fit and wont stay on the bed.
The mattress was several inches too short and narrow to stay in the bed, and there was nothing to even hold it in the bed. Turns out we were supposed to buy slats. Well, and a different mattress too.
So, my poor little man had to sleep on the floor, between the empty bed frame and his dresser. There was just enough room for that mattress to fit, that's how small the room is.
The next morning, yesterday, Noah and I trekked back to IKEA (a good 45 min drive, depending on traffic) after his gym class. I was alone so I had to ask for help with lifting. There was a great salesperson who helped me find the correct mattress (only $10 more) and the slats I needed (another $20).
After we came home we had to wait for Aaron, who was at his PT test to work on the bed some more. Thankfully the slats just sit there and you unroll the mattress. A rolled mattress, yes, weird I know.
Aaron's jealous because he thinks it's longer than our bed ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment