Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Boring Kind of Busy

We've been busy, but we've been boring. It's not that we're running around a lot, but when we do, we don't do much after. Haha.

This might get kind of long.

First, we planted some flowers out front after Aaron dug up all the lavender. I can't find a "before" picture right now, but I know there's one somewhere....Anyway, here's the after



Aaron dug it all up and I put it all down. I'm pretty pleased with it. I didn't want anything big, but something that had color. I'd like to put more in, but that part of the house only gets a few hours of sun. We also got a tomato plant for the back deck. I'm thinking of getting a few long planters and making a small herb/veggie garden on the back deck if I can.


Second, Noah's loving learning to cook. He learned to make shrimp scampi and pasta and he had a blast. He learned to turn the shrimp, stir it around, put the pasta in and stir it while it boiled. I was a nervous wreck though, I was afraid he'd burn himself!




Third, I've taken up couponing! Lol, trying anyway. I saved almost $50 on my last trip and that helped to motivate me. It will be a while before that happens again because Safeway put out a lot of their own coupons too that I was able to match up to the manufacturer coupons.


We're working on home learning some more. We do tracing, coloring, ABC flash cards and number flash cards to try to work on some good education here at home. I'm hoping to get him to cut lines that are drawn out, but he cant figure out how to go into the paper past the first cut.


Last night we made some Rice Krispie treats. Two batches though because I put 2.5x the amount of butter I was supposed to in the first ones :-/

Noah had a blast helping me do that. He stirred the butter until it melted. Stirred some of the marshmallows but it got too thick. He also poured in the cereal for me!



That's about it as far as he goes. As far as baby Hunter goes, he's wanting to escape early we fear. Lol. Monday night (4/2) I was doubled over in pain. I had cramps equivalent to what I'd say was the worst period of my life. According to my Dr, that was contractions. Thankfully they didn't come in waves, it was just consistent pain. The next morning I was achy and sore but they seemed to have gone away. Wednesday morning I had what I'd say were timable contractions. They came and went and were regular. I slept an extra hour after downing about a liter of water and it seemed to help.

So, I'm now up to 6 liters of water in an attempt to make 100% certain I'm not dehydrated which would allow me to contract. I'm still on my weekly shots, got one last night, and they're ok. Left side hurts MUCH worse than the right. For example, my shot last night stopped hurting an hour later. Last weeks, on my left, hurt all weekend so badly I couldn't touch it.

Anyway, we're at 22w2d today and I'm feeling good. He kicks a TON and very strongly. I love it. I also have started getting paranoid if he isn't kicking when I'm used to him doing it at certain times.

This is what I'm drinking every day plus a refill of one. It's exhausting and I'm constantly "bloated" from all the water, but it's worth it if I can keep him in as long as possible.


I'm now going in every two weeks to see the dr and little one (yes, no name yet) to make sure everything's still nice and closed up.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment