Friday, March 30, 2012

Jersey!

Last weekend (the 24th and 25th) Noah and I ventured to New Jersey! I was fairly nervous because of the pregnancy, but with the Dr's ok the day before and the fact I've been doing well on water, we made the trek.

Saturday morning we left bright and early. We got out of the house about 8:20 and went to CVS to grab some snacks and water. Sadly, while there, I realized I didn't have my debit card, so I had to ask Aaron to bring it. That's after I already had to go back and get my camera and laptop. Lol.

Once we were done there, we hit the road. The real road. Following doctors orders, we stopped off every hour to stretch and use the restroom. I wish I had taken pictures of each stop off, but it was raining 90% of the time. I can say though, we went through Maryland Deleware and Pennsylvania before hitting New Jersey. My phone got us there pretty well.

The hotel was beautiful. We stayed at The Hyatt House in Parsippany New Jersey per a friends suggestion. On the way to the hotel we saw the Sheraton that was a beautiful brick castle looking building. The Hyatt was also a brick building but the Sheraton's design was amazing. It was also very busy and close to the highway, so I was happy we went to the Hyatt.

Here is a photo of the hotel taken from Hotels.com


The room was amazing. You walk in and immediately to your left is a kitchenette


Complete in it is a dishwasher, sink, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, cutting board and toaster. There were also tiny salt and pepper shakers with packets of salt and pepper inside. In the cabinets were glasses, wine glasses and even plates and bowls! I forgot to look in the drawers, but I'm sure there was some flatware in there as well.




We got there about 2:30ish and chilled out in the room until dinner. A friend coming in from Canada was also staying in the same hotel so we decided to all go out to dinner together. Thankfully, next to the hotel was a small strip where there was a "school", Jersey Mikes (our lunch), an Italian restaurant and Dunkin Donuts. Looking back, I wish we had hit up Dunkin, lol.

I took a shower while Noah watched Finding Nemo on my computer and played around.





We went to Anabelle's for dinner and met up with Michelle



That night, Noah looked so stinking cute when he was asleep in his little bed I made him I had to take a picture. I'm just glad the flash didn't wake him.


For Noah's bed I took his two bumpers and put them on either side and then put pillows at the top and bottom to make sure he didn't squirm down. He did great!


Sadly, we both woke up about 5am and needed an early nap before our big lunch, the reason we drove 4.5 hrs up there. He actually went to sleep about 10:30 and slept until just after 12:20. I wanted to pack while he slept and thankfully it worked out! Even snapped one last picture of his cuteness. I was able to take apart his bed completely aside from taking his kitty. Packed the blanket, bumpers, stuffed animals and put the pillows away. It was nice being able to let him sleep so that he'd wake up without being rushed.


We left the hotel about 12:30 to head to Pals Cabin up in West Orange NJ. Michelle and her husband followed while I was guided by my phone GPS, very thankful it didn't crap out on me again. lol.

We had a great time with everyone! Noah adored all the babies that were there, 5 plus him. I met up with 7 friends from online and we ate good food and had fun talking.

Noah took a liking to a friend named Carrie who sat across from us.



The trip home went well. My issues with it, however, was the bridges....big. big bridges. EEK! If you know me well, you know I HATE bridges. Going over, going under, especially going over water.

I was unhappy seeing this....


There was another long bridge when we got into Maryland and I didn't know it was coming and was stuck on the outside. EEK again.

Another thing I didn't like.....I spent about $28 in tolls. Seriously. It's CRAZY. Worth it I guess.

We got home a bit after 8:15pm and put little man straight to bed. I was also wiped out (didn't nap) and went to bed nice and early too.

No comments:

Post a Comment