Not long ago, I found a wonderful recipe for some chocolate donuts (baked). I decided that we needed to make them and eat them as fast as possible. Also on there are recipes for blueberry donuts, pumpkin donuts and regular cake donuts.
So, I set out to the store to get the things I needed and the other night, made chocolate donuts for a yummy desert.
You start out mixing your dry ingredients
Mix in your wet ingredients that were in a different bowl
Then, pour the batter into the donut pan. I used a mini pan and also, my mix came out a bit soupier than the one in the original recipe.
When I popped them out I sprinkled on some powdered sugar. Mine doesn't look as good because I don't have a sifter. Lol.
Noah LOVED them and I love that they're healthier than frying. I'm also going to experiment to see if I can pull a "Deceptively Delicious" and put in some veggies or something. It'd also be a good treat to make for if other kids come over (like Monday) and eat them for snacks.
In other news, I'm officially 19 weeks and on the last half so close to the halfway mark! I got shot number 4 last night, ow, and I'm feeling pretty good. I only occasionally cramp now instead of regularly, so I'm hoping that means the contractions let up.
Noah's having some friends over for a few hours, so that will be fun. Not sure how I'll handle three kids, but as long as they're all alive when mom gets back I should be good. I picked up a craft project at Michaels the other day but I forgot to get some snacks when we went to the store yesterday. I guess I can do that tomorrow.
Noah's doing great at the gym! He loves it a ton. Thursday we went to Target and Barnes and Noble. I honestly thought it was Wednesday, but when I checked my phone, I realized it was indeed Thursday and we were ten minutes late.
Thankfully Noah forgave me.
Thursday night we went to walk around a bit out at the Kentlands.
We went to a little bakery, walked around the shops and went to the Star Diner for dinner. It was......ok. The waitress forgot about us, read a paper and had an attitude. The food was ok, Aaron said his pot roast was tough, my burger was good though. I wasn't happy that there were no veggie options for Noah so all he had was a PB&J with "smiley fries". He got a smoothie when he got home though.
We also made a pit stop at Coldstone after dinner.....MMmmmmmmm
Today will involve a lot of stamping, going to the post office and figuring out what to do for dinner. I know, highly entertaining.
Apparently today is St Patricks Day?







No comments:
Post a Comment