Lucky number four? We'll see if that gets to be our last one.
I'll try to sum it all up since I know not many are too interested in my uterus ;-)
On the 5th I started having cramping and pressure. It's hard to describe how I was feeling but it was like someone was pushing down on me. I called the OB after it kept getting stronger, but they seemed to give me the brush off with the standard "lay down and drink water".
I didn't really get too bothered by it, but that night I had stabbing pains. It let up a bit the next day, still there but not strong. Yesterday was Noah's gym class (I have pictures to put up) and they put up swings hanging from ropes. I was tickling him and when he came forward he kicked me in the belly, right on baby.
It was hard enough that the pain was still there about 15 minutes later and the cramping started to get worse. By the time we were leaving the class, I had to hold my breath through the cramps. I was worried they were contractions. I called the OB again and they said that I'd have to go to the ER (you can't go to Labor & Delivery until 20 weeks)..
It was incredibly busy there and took what felt like forever. I got there at 12:25, taken back at 1:10 and no one came back until 1:45. The doctor felt around on me to make sure my appendix wasn't the problem and felt my uterus.
They brought in a doppler (and I had felt him moving so that wasn't my main concern) and found him swoshing away and he kicked the doppler. He hates that thing. Lol.
I hung out for a while and they took me back for an ultrasound a while later. They measured my cervix, fluid levels, placenta placement and his heart. Everything looked great. Everything's still closed up, filled up and moved up. My placenta is no longer a low lying but it is now anterior (which means it's between baby and my belly if that makes sense). It's funny about that because I can feel him kicking which normally doesn't happen this early when you have an anterior placental.
While I waited for the results I asked the Dr if I could snag some food since I hadn't eaten since breakfast. She was nice and brought me some snacks.
Unfortunately, there did pick up contractions on the ultrasound, my cramping. Because of that, the ER doctor and my OB decided I needed to go up to labor and delivery for monitoring.
They wheeled me up to the L&D triage (that place looks AMAZING and I got a peek at the NICU area and it is guarded by two locked doors and a security guard, swoon!) The birthing suites look great and it's comforting to know the NICU is right down the hall. Getting off topic I know...
Anyway, they took all my info, birth plan stuff (that scared me) and hooked me up. Aaron and Noah came up to bring me some things but couldn't hang out since Noah's so young. I missed that lil guy a ton.
About an hour and a half of monitoring later, the Dr came in. MY doctor! It was so great to get to see him and be comforted by him. He's a straight forward guy who doesn't sugar coat anything. He basically said, I had a "uterine concussion" and I was too small to get contractions picked up on the monitor. While he was in there I had a strong cramp and he felt and said it was an actual contraction.
I was released a bit later, I think there was miscommunication between the dr and nurse. He said another hour of monitoring and she released me ten minutes after he left. Either way, I knew there was nothing they could do so I just left and I'll call to set up an appt today.
I do have some pictures that I need to put up today too, but that will be in a new post since this one is nice and long. Lol.


So glad you're home and safe, sweetie! *HUGS*
ReplyDelete