Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day to everyone out there, father or not. Hope it's a great Sunday wherever everyone is.

Here is pretty good. Nice weather, great sunshine and good attitudes. This morning, little man woke up at 6:30 and chilled out in bed with us for 30 minutes playing on the iPad and talking to us. Well, me. Aaron mainly sleeps until he's literally pushed out of bed.

We made a trip to Krispy Kreme for breakfast and Noah decided to make a special hat:



After that we went to Target for a bit to walk around and pass some time since Noah was being restless and begging to go out somewhere. He doesn't really care where we go, but Target's his favorite. Kmart's a close second.

We came home, played hopscotch out front for a while (video hopefully coming soon once I figure out the iPad stuff) and then it was inside time. It is so muggy here and Noah gets overheated quickly.

After nap Noah wanted to build a fort, so a fort it was. He loves making it next to our bed in the corner, it's a fun little cubby.



A couple days ago I cut Noah's hair for the first time. It didn't come out so bad if I say so myself.

Before:



After:



This last Monday we made our final "get everything ready" trip to Ikea and Babies R Us (they're about 40 min away). It was a great day. We had to go my vehicle emissions test first, which was fast and close to BRU, and it went fairly quickly. We got to BRU 45 min early so we went over to Target to pick up a few things (some needed...some not...) and then went to BRU to get the last of things we need/want for Mason.

After that we ventured to Ikea, about ten minutes away from BRU, and picked up the hanging green organizer thing for his room and had some food there. Food, not so great. Items, great as always. I found so much I wanted there and had so many ideas. We're lucky we don't live closer or we'd be, more, broke. Lol.

On the 14th I decided it was time to get to cracking on getting ready. I'd picked up a few things for my trip to the hospital but I hadn't put much together. On the 14th Noah and I headed to Kmart, CVS and Target to get the final things I needed for my hospital bag and "recovery" at home. I now have a packed bag (yes it's technically a suitcase but I lost the duffle.



I'm still holding out until July 4th for putting the base in the car but I did take it out to make sure it fits and adjusted Aaron's seat. Noah's getting really excited and loved "helping" with the car seat and setting up Mason's room.

Sadly, I'm to the point where I'm pretty useless as the day goes on. My feet swell, I've been having contractions and I'm in a good amount of pain mid-back and hips. I just need him to stick it out for a few more weeks. The pain is all so worth it.

Morning and night comparison of my uselessness:



After talking to the Dr on Friday, I'm confident Mason is well taken care of, but I'm still scared. I have two more injections and then I'm out. They wont do steroids this late in the game but they will attempt to stop labor until 36 weeks. After that, it's up to him.

If it all goes "perfectly", I'll hold out until Friday July 13th after 2pm. That way, Aaron will be transitioning back to days, he'll have rested and it will be the start of his three day weekend. Well, I guess Sunday would be better since that'd mean we get some free time before hand. Lol. Either way, I'm excited, but I want and NEED him to stay in there long enough to be strong enough to come home with me.

My upcoming goals are to make crock pot freezer meals, find cheep big freezer meals and come up with a master grocery list for if Aaron needs to go shopping while I'm gone. The shop is officially closed and I'm getting the last of the orders out tomorrow hopefully.

Then, it will be nothing but resting and cleaning until Mr Mason decides it's time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment