Friday, June 8, 2012

I know, I know....

I'm horrible. I know.

I've been meaning to update, really I have. I've been swamped with random things.

First off, an item of mine from my shop got "pinned" to Pinterest and it exploded. I sent out over 20 in a two week span, and those necklaces take a minimum of 15 minutes to put together, plus you bake the pendant for an hour. It was insane. Now, this week, everyone decides they need to order their Fathers Day gifts RIGHT NOW.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I was expecting this to start at least a month ago.

Also, in babyland, I've been dealing with a lot of swelling and discomfort. I'm currently 31w2d and we're closing in on my goal date quickly. For those that don't know, my goal is to make it to July 4th, 35 weeks. On that day, I'll celebrate by putting in his car seat base and really hunkering down. His room is ready (pictures coming) and the big items are here. We even have some diapers (gifted) and wipes (Needed them for Noah anyway). The bigger items like the pack-n-play and rock-n-play will not be opened until I'm in the hospital having him. If something were to happen, I'd be able to give them back to the gifters. I couldn't keep them if anything were to happen to Mason.

I got an adorable little cubby thing yesterday at Bed Bath & Beyond with little baskets. I had NO idea what to do with it until it hit me last night. It'll be Mason's "essentials" area so I don't have to go upstairs all the time! Lol.



This will be his coming home outfit. Isn't it adorable!? They only had newborn or 9 month sizes so I hope he fits into the newborn one at least for one day.



There's still work to do, but it'll be done by the end of next week. We're going to get this hanging thing from IKEA to put diapers, bibs, burp cloths and other randoms in:



The canvases will be hung up over the dresser and curtain hooks will go up as well. We're goign to leave the room as is until my parents get here so they can see how it looks, then we have to try to fit a queen blow up mattress in there (we'll move the crib). Lol.

Noah's also getting ready for his brother. He's having a blast feeling him, talking to him and helping pick things out. He is going to be fantastic at being an older brother to Mason.

Also, the pictures in his tab aren't updated because Blogger changed their format and now it's all code and I cannot figure out where one photo ends and another begins. It's horrible. I'm trying. I swear. I have all the weekly photos, I just need to find a way to get them on there.

I had an ultrasound on the 22nd of May. I had to go in because my fundal height (pelvic bone to top of uterus) measured 7cm (or 7 weeks) ahead of where I should be. That's not the first time it's happened. So, in I went to make sure all was well in there. Sure enough, his head measured about a month ahead and the rest of him 3 weeks ahead. The "corrected" due date according to size is July 15th, though it's not physically possible. He's just a big baby.

Noah's doing great, he's tracing a lot, playing with the Tag Reader we got him and reading some Tag Jr books. He also LOVES the iPad I got. I found several educational games for him where he traces letters and shapes, plays with Mickey Mouse and can build robots. He gets limited time on it, but he makes it count. It's a family toy that we all share and have a lot of fun with. I think overall it was a fantastic purchase.

I'm amazed at how much he's grown lately. He does so well playing with other kids now and shares well with them. Sadly, a lot of kids around here choose to ignore him, but he doesn't seem to take it too hard. We're going to the gym once a week for play time for him, though sadly we missed 3 weeks. He'll be going back for the parent un-involved class after Mason arrives. It'll be his special big-boy time. Of course, I'll be sitting there watching him, but still, I think he'll do well, he loves the gym and teachers.

Speaking of gym, Aaron joined L.A. Fitness. He's training for a 10 mile run in October and he wants to get "back in shape", even though I say he was never out of shape. Lol. Things are going ok at his work, he's busy, but he's learning. The three day shifts are the hardest because he literally doesn't see Noah. They're both doing well with it. Me? Well by the end of it, I'm just happy to have someone else going nuts with me. Noah's still asking all the "why's" and "how come" all the time. I think I've run out of answers. He even asked why the sky was blue. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO A 3 YEAR OLD!?!?!? Sigh.

Anyway, I think that's enough for today and I've fairly well caught up. My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to figure out the pictures on the other pages and start up a betting poll of when Mason will come. I say between July 5 and 15 and Aaron says during weeks 36.5 and 37.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment