Saturday, November 3, 2012

It's November

And that means Thanksgiving is this month. Makes me miss Kansas even more. It also doesn't help that Noah keeps saying "I miss Kansas" or asking "when can we visit Kansas?". Makes me so sad.

So, to try to keep spirits up, I've been Pinning a ton of things on Pinterest as far as crafts and fun foods goes. I've found so much fun stuff we're going to try to do. We're also going to start doing some home-school activities with Noah. It's amazing all the cool things you can find on Pinterest. Also pretty funny that I have had an account for quite some time and got horribly confused by it all and gave up for at least a year I think. Now, I'm on it quite a bit and doing my own Pin testing.



Mason's started to interact with his toys. He's learning to grasp and move them. It's been difficult for him because he also loves to chew and he can't quite get the big ducky toy in his mouth the way he wants. He also gets angry when he doesn't hear the rattling and so he'll start moving his arms in anger, then hear the rattle, calm and repeat. It's entertaining.



Noah's quite the character. The things he says every day makes us laugh and cringe. He tells us he loves us all the time, plays amazing imaginary games with his toys and has started to write. It's fascinating the things he learns.

One day we saw him write the letter "H", so I wrote out his name and asked him to try to write it on the board. HE DID!!!! The pic is a couple posts down of the first time he did it. He has some troubles with writing backward and his "S" is pretty funky looking, but hey, he's not even four yet! Our next step is working on reading. We're starting with site words and basic word families. I'm so excited!!!!!

This isn't the first one he did, but it's still awesome!



Aaron's good, he'll be going to a course next month for a bit, but otherwise it's the same ole same ole. He's enjoying the Pin testing I've been doing. It's varied up our meals and he was tired of me making the same things all the time. It's not a guess, he told me. Lol.

Nothing's new with me, still nursing, still tired, still having fun. I'm loving the boys and snuggles and learning along with them. It's very odd trying to figure out these ages. With babies, it's simple, they eat, sleep and poop. Not much to it. You teach them to sit, roll and walk. With older kids though, there's so much more depth, so much to look for and be careful of. We're protective of what Noah watches and hears, so it's been interesting trying to decipher what is appropriate for him. Are we too protective? Maybe. But really, I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment