I find myself saying "no" more than I should. No, we cant go outside right now. No, dont play with the dirt. No, you cant do that. No, no, no.
So I am making a hard effort to say "yes" as much as I can.
Noah asked to sleep in his new tent, I wanted to say no because he wouldnt sleep. Instead I said yes, but in your room so you can have your animals, clock and nightlight. He ended up not wanting to, so it was a win-win for me.
Today Mason brought me a shoe and started hotting the door. Yes, we can go outside! Mason plopped down in a puddle and Noah asked if he could too. Yes, but remember you'll have to change clothes (he dresses himself when he wakes up and doesnt like taking off what he picked out)
"Can I fly my plane in the mud?" Sure!



Once my daughter, maybe age 10, asked me if I loved her. It seems I'd told her 'no', way too often. I don't know if she got it at the time, but I tried to explain that the hardest thing in the world to do is to tell your kids 'no'. Yes is so much easier. Anyway, she's 35 now, and I think she knows that I love her!
ReplyDeleteLove you too!!!
I believe in you, baby! It's great you're doing this! :D
ReplyDelete