So, I've worked on cleaning the kitchen and keeping it clean. I cleaned out the drawers and scrubbed them, went through all the stuff, scrubbed the floor and I've been trying to stay on top of dishes. The living room is difficult since it's our play area, dining room, family room and homeschool room and it's really not that big...
Anyway, today I picked up a new organizing system and it's AWESOME. I took what was where it is now and moved it to put my stuff on for homeschooling and crafts. Then, I changed around Mason's play area and put his toys in an ottoman that can also be sat on.
Last night, I ran. I was out walking our neighbors dog and felt like running, so I ran. It felt amazing. Today, for our anniversary gifts, we each got a FitBit One and I'm going to start up the 30 day ab challenge.
I had a realization the other day when I kind of had a bit of a breakdown. I need to change. I need to take control of things if I want to be happy, from the inside out. My happiness isn't based on the number of the scale or what decorations or furniture I have in my house. It's based on doing what I feel is important, surrounding myself with people and situations that make me feel good. To me, that means trying to be healthy for and with my family, saying "yes" more often to Noah when he wants to do something, unplugging from the craziness of the internet when they're awake and cleaning up so I don't feel too anxious all the time.
I feel in control. I feel like I'm doing what's important and what will make life better.
From now on, I'll participate in the daily photography "challenge"; do blog posts hopefully every couple days, even if short ones; get back in my routine of cleaning the living room and kitchen after the boys go to sleep; doing one "deep cleaning" project a day, even simple ones, and every other weekend, going at least one day unplugged.
:) Good for you! You constantly inspire me!
ReplyDelete