Ok, so I've been working on making 2 week menus. Almost every recipe is something new and from Pinterest. I use my "yum food", "paleo", "clean eating", and "crock pot joy" boards. I LOVE trying new recipes and experimenting.
For Mason's party I tried the party meatballs and the sweet ham and swiss sliders. THEY WERE AMAZING!!! The meatballs were three ingredients.
I wasn't smart and I didn't get pictures, but I'll tell you what I did at least because it's a bit different than the recipe calls for.
Meatballs- adapted from GoddessInTheHouse
5.5lbs of frozen meatballs (Mine were the italian ones from Sams)
32oz grape jelly
4 bottles of 12oz of chili sauce
Combine all in crock pot, on high for 3 hours. Stir every so often.
THAT'S IT!!! They were DELICIOUS and lasted us a couple extra days. We had them for dinner that night, lunch the next day, lunch the NEXT day and Aaron took some to work that day too!
Ham and Swiss Sliders- Adapted from HeatherLikesFood
24 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
12 pieces sliced ham (lunch meat ham)
6 pieces sliced swiss cheese
1/4c Mayo
3/4T Dijon Mustard
4T butter, melted
1/2t garlic powder
1/4t Worcestershire Sauce
2T brown sugar
Here's how mine were sliced and set up. I cut the ham into strips of 4 per slice and layered two strips on the bun and then cut the cheese into four. This way, the cheese wasn't overwhelmingly gooey and the ham wasn't too watery like it often gets.
With the sauce, the first time I followed it I dumped it on top like the original recipe said to do. I felt like it made the bottoms become too gooey because they weren't getting the direct heat like the tops. So, I halved it and brushed it on top instead. It was still delicious.
Cut the rolls in half and put them on a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put them so they're barely touching. Put a dab of mayo on the tops of the rolls, then the cheese and then the ham at the bottom. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 10 minutes, remove foil and bake for 7 more minutes. Easy peasy!
Be careful though, it gets sticky. Play around with it though, it's a fun recipe and you can't really go wrong.
The last two weeks I made Pasta Pizza Casserole, a calzone, pad thai, bbq pulled pork, baked ravioli, garlic dijon salmon, sweet & sour kielbasa, cheesy sausage potato casserole, salsa chicken tacos, and baked pesto chicken.
ALL DELICIOUS!!!!!
The next two weeks have chicken broccoli tetrazinni, chicken stir fry, paleo chicken salad, pesto ranch chicken, balsamic pork chops, pulled pork sandwiches, "overnight" pizza, steak carnitas, paleo pot sticker burgers, baleo balsamic flank steak, paleo beef & sweet potato stew, taco casswerole, french chicken, teriyaki chicken, crock pot ham and beans, crock pot orange chicken, and apple cider donuts.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment