Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Paleo (and everything else) Days 2,3 and 4

So, starting off with that coleslaw hash....

Like I said, it was supposed to be Pot Sticker Burgers. While those were on the skillet, I wanted to make some coleslaw with the rest of the coleslaw mix but I didn't want the spicy version or anything with mayo (because Aaron doesn't like it). So I used this recipe. When I went to turn the burgers they fell apart so I broke them all up and then mixed in the coleslaw I made. HOLY CRAP DELICIOUS!!!

I did exclude a couple things so THIS was my own recipe:

1.5lbs ground turkey
1 egg
4 T Coconut Aminos
1 t minced garlic
1 T ground ginger

Mix together and put in skillet and cook

Coleslaw Mix

1/2 c honey
1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 t sea salt
1/2 t dry mustard
1/2 t celery salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t ground black pepper

Once the meat is cooked, combine with the coleslaw and BAM. Amazing.


DAY TWO we had pumpkin pancakes. They were good but I ended up burning some because they cook weirdly. We poured 100% maple syrup on top. Overall, I'd make them again.


I wanted to go for a run but I ended up not getting the chance to.

The rest of the day was leftovers; hash and pork. Very delicious. We ran to Whole Foods for some Almond flour for a recipe I wanted to make. While we were there, I picked up the maple almond butter!!!!! A WHOLE JAR! There are other flavors too!


Completed the night with a nice walk with my guys around the neighborhood.

DAY THREE I made some scrambled eggs with ground turkey mixed with maple syrup. I hoenstly have no idea how to make any breakfast sausage and I cooked up the rest of what I had from the potsticker attempt. It was pretty good, so good I forgot to take a picture!

After breakfast, we took the boys to the lake to play and walk around. It was chilly and beautiful. Sunny, empty and brisk. We played on the swings, the zip line and walked down by the water.


Lunch was pretty good, I made some sandwich rounds and we had prosciutto with gluten free dijon mustard. The batter is supposed to be pandake-y. I used a cookie dough scooper to put them out on the pan. VERY tasty and easy! I'm making more tomorrow and even some with vanilla and cinnamon for breakfast bread, maybe even pancakes!


While we were eating our lunch, our neighbor called and asked if I could get her son from the school bus drop off because she was running late. No big deal. While we were waiting, I found a Wollie Bear Worm!! His name is James H.C. Apple according to Noah. He eats blueberries, grass, flowers and rests in a leaf that got curled up.

After lunch we went to Target. You can never not have fun at Target.....


For dinner I made a simple roasted chicken. We had some corn, sweet potato fries and blueberries mixed with raspberries. I've been limiting my fruit to one per day since I read that was recommended for weight loss.


After dinner we went on our (almost) nightly walk which is about a mile and includes hills.


DAY FOUR- Today has been good, another brisk day. We woke up and it was 68 in the house (we set the a/c to 76) so it was pretty chilly compared to when we went to sleep. The boys were both in long sleeves and pants, thankfully, so it wasn't too big a deal, but I sleep in a tank top so I can nurse Mason easily (it's a nursing top). After putting slippers on them and socks and hoodie on me, I turned on the heat to bump it to 72.

While it was heating up I made some breakfast. Scrambled eggs, a banana, and some maple almond butter on a sandwich round.

After breakfast we went back to Whole Foods because that 2.5 cups of almond flour we used yesterday was most of the bag. While we were there I picked up some raw honey (I see it called for a lot), zucchini, yellow squash and 4 bags of flour (they're only 1lb each). I got my new spiral slicer in the mail yesterday!! I love new cooking toys.

Anyway, we got back home and it felt hot so I turned off the heat and opened the door. Nothing compares to that cool fresh air rushing in. LOVE it.

Today I wanted to be productive, so I started making things that are quick and easy to eat on the go. I boiled up some eggs and made to-go bacon and eggs earlier in the afternoon.


Noah has been BEGGING to have an outside picnic, so I finally caved and said yes. It's hard because there are so many bug, Mason's high chair (that the seat can be taken off of and used separately), the blanket, the food, etc. He LOVED it though. He was so happy, it was worth it. He asked for a quesadilla, celery and an apple. I stole a few of the freshly cooked bacon and eggs. I needed to make sure it was ok ;-)


For dinner I made a kielbasa, saurkraut and red cabbage mix. I tried using the spiral slicer with the cabbage but apparently I need to study it more. I put the mix over some cauliflower rice.


After dinner we once again went on our walk.

And I came home and BAKED bacon! I've never done that!

No comments:

Post a Comment