Saturday, October 5, 2013

Molar Monster

So, I'd be lying if I said we were still Paleo. Our eating habits have now encompassed paleo, clean eating and, well, junk. We've cut out A LOT of junk and we still don't have cows milk . The boys get their cheeses and yogurt.

With the "shutdown", the boys, the potential for moving in a few months (which has now been taken away)and Mason now teething fiercely, I've reverted back to my soda drinking ways. I drink a ton of water, but I know it's not going to make me stop drinking soda. There was a point where I was going every day for soda or chai tea, which isn't financially responsible, so I went to Safeway during a sale and picked up some cases.

I know I shouldn't. I know after every can I hate myself, but I still do it. Maybe one day I'll be less stressed and have slept better and be strong enough to cut it out, but it's not happening any time soon.

The boys are great, other than attitude. Noah had a dentist appointment a few days ago (after my missing it twice because I'm so scatter-brained). He did GREAT!!! I'm still super nervous about him going after what that mean dentist did to him two years ago. He's done fantastically the last two times at the one here. When she was looking she discovered he has a LOOSE tooth!! Also, proud mommy moment, he has no cavities!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the best teeth and he already started out with issues because of prematurity, so I was worried he'd be getting cavities early in life.

Following tooth news, Mason's getting molar number 4, tooth number 12. TOOTH 12!!!!

Aaron's got a big test coming up and he's been studying a lot. I've been doing the same ol same ol and doing homeschooling with Noah and staying sane with Mason. Trust me, neither have been easy. We've been working with Noah and reading and we believe he falls into the "gifted" category. He's very emotional, trusting, imaginative, social, everything and fit very well into what we've read and been told. He has an amazing memory and is reading at a level that's more toward the end of first grade and knows words that go up into the 4th grade. Math is still tricky but he loves science, Spanish and art. He's a wiz at word searches and things like "Where's Waldo". If they are playing and the DVD's get spilled out, he focuses on that one task of stacking them like none other.

My current goal is to find him what he needs to help him succeed. I'm reading books, looking at curriculum for different subjects at different levels, talking to others and reading blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment