Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Why my house isnt clean

It isnt new that I am a stay-at-home mom  or that ai homeschool. I have two kids who, putting it mildly, are very active. 

So why do I beat myself up about the status of my house?

It has been said that a clean house is the sign of a wasted life, you're boring, or have ignored kids. Cleaning with kids in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos. 

Yet every day I feel like someone is ket down. It's not my husband or my children. It's me. 

But why? Why am I so hard on me? I partly blame genetics. Isnt it "a woman thing" to be overly critical of yourself? I also blame Pinterest, Facebook, magazines, and compariaons. I compare to everything; friends, family, fictional people in my head. Everyone. 

There are toys all over. Crumbs. Plates. Cups. Clothes. You name it. 

But what is also everywhere, memories. I could clean, but ai would miss all this:


Why is my house messy? 

Because they get me. My attention. My love. My time. 

A clean house would be amazing


But nothing beats this. 











No comments:

Post a Comment