Thursday, September 22, 2011

I've been silent for a reason

It's because I've been gone!

A small trip to San Antonio was had this last weekend and it took a TON of preparing. I had to get all my orders and shopping done. Clean the house, figure out packing of clothes and food and load it all up. It took forever. Haha.

Break down-

Thursday- Left the house about 8:15. Stopped along the way every hour or so and Noah had a good 20 min nap. Eek. We made it to Denton TX that evening and stayed at a La Quinta Inn.






Friday we got into San Antonio about 2:15 or so and went to the Embassy Hotel. They had valet and even a bell hop! I have never experienced that kind of service so I had to text mom to ask how much to tip, haha. Once we got all settled into the room we went to grab some dinner at Subway about a block away.





Saturday morning we walked down to the Riverwalk Mall, but we were there too early and everything was closed. Even empty it was overwhelmingly large. So we went to the Childrens Museum and Noah had a BLAST!

After that we went back to the hotel for a nap and then stopped off at an Italian restaurant for some lunch while exploring. While we were out we went back to the Riverwalk Mall and I realized it was getting ready to rain. So we jetted back to the hotel and got caught in the beginnings of the rain.






We played around at the hotel, watched some Word World and then tried to figure out dinner. We ended up going to the Rain-forest Cafe thinking Noah would love it. Wrong. The music was loud and the "thunderstorm" simulation terrified him. At least it was good food. I had some soup and Wildberry Sangria, Aaron had something covered in gravy and Noah had some chicken and shrimp.

After that we just went back and hung out at the hotel for a while until bed time.

Sunday morning we made a Starbucks run and then hit up the Alamo. It was beautiful. I'm kind of sad that we couldn't take pictures in the buildings, but we did get some great ones of the garden and the outside of the buildings.











We went back to the hotel for nap and hung out for a while. After nap we went and explored the Riverwalk. We ate lunch at a place called Rita's. It was outside and there were pigeons and ducks that ate out of our hands! It was amazing!





The we went for an amazing boat ride along the river and saw some AMAZING views.















Monday we were home bound and made it to Norman OK for the night. Yet again staying at a La Quinta Inn. We also met up with someone I met online and had some DELICIOUS cupcakes! Thankfully Noah took an hour long nap that day and slept decently. Tuesday we were home by 1:30 and it feels so good to be home in KS. I'm going to miss it incredibly.

I have more photos, but they're on my phone which is being a butt right now. Lol. I'll get the rest up as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment