On Wednesday we trecked out to Walter Reed first thing in the morning. Yes, during rush hour. It was
They confirmed what I suspected, that his croupy cough turned into a cold and that's what he's working on fighting. So, he's off the Albuterol and Budesonide for now and on Mucinex and a crap ton of fluids until he feels better.
That seems to be in our near future. Last night was the first night in a week he hasn't had a coughing panic attack in the middle of the night. We've given him an extra pillow to prop him up, his humidifier is on full blast and the fan goes right on him. I've also moved a crate into his room (I'll get a pic soon) to use as his night stand that has his water, tissues, nebulizer and two extra blankets in it.
Several nights ago I put the crate in there so he could have the water right next to him if he needed it. I forgot to tell him to put the water back when he was done so I had to sneak into his room in the middle of the night to fish it out from under him.
Aside from his cough, he's been very active and happy. The first few days he was so puny and miserable, it broke my heart. He barely would move from the sofa until Aaron would come home. He also slept a ton. I imagine it was because he would wake up so much at night.
He loves to snuggle with Aaron when he's not feeling too well.
He also decided to play doctor with his reindeer that he said was sick. He'd listen with his stethoscope and give him medicine with the syringe. It was very adorable.



No comments:
Post a Comment