Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Return Of The Cough

Well, Noah was on Singulair and Zyrtec, per allergist inctructions, and he had been on it for three months. We thought we'd see how he was doing without it since the cats are now gone and we're in a new, clean house. And I say it's clean because I took the worlds strongest bleach to those windows, haha.

Anyway. Three days after going off Singulair, the cough has returned. My poor baby has a horrid croupy cough. Yesterday morning he was up at 5:30am, barely able to breathe and coughing what amounts he could. He couldn't get back to sleep and I couldn't find the tubes for his nebulizer so I tore apart the house. I finally found them at 7am after trying to give him water, cuddling him, propping him up and even climbing into bed with him for an hour.

I hopped online while he rested in bed and my neighbor was on and invited us over for breakfast. So, we put on some warm clothes and I put on my snow boots and we went out.

First thing I saw when we opened the door was deer prints about a foot from our door!!


He was still coughy and raspy and sad so we ended up doing treatments throughout the day as well.


Last night he did fairly well and only coughed a few times, though still very raspy. He slept all night otherwise and woke up at a good time today. We already did a treatment and hoping we don't need to again. He's back on the Singulair and hopefully that will help him out so by tomorrow he's much better.

Not much else going on here. Just hanging out for the weekend and headed to the grocery store later when it's not so icy freezing death-like outside. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment