Friday, July 27, 2012

Introducing........

The evening of the 23rd, I was having strong contractions that picked up in strength and time, but never were regular. The morning of the 24th, we went out to the lake and I was still contracting. Nothing major, but there. Aaron was being nice and paranoid and told me to call the Dr. They told me to go do a "labor check" at the hospital.

Got to the hospital at 9:30am, 4cm, 90% effaced, contracting every 3-5.

They said they'd watch me for an hour and if there was cervical change, I'd stay. After the hour, I was at 4.5 and his head was dropping.

Here's where I get fuzzy....I got hooked up, progressed to 6cm, waters bulging, they broke it at 10pm or 11pm I think and I began pushing at 5:30am.

I pushed for 3.5 hours in all different positions. I begged to push when I wanted to, but my cervix wouldn't fully go away.

Eventually they found out he was sunny side up and his head was too big for my pelvis. I'd have to have a C-section. Devistated was an understatement, but I was so exhausted, I just wanted to be done.

The pain and exhaustion made me really not care anymore. My body pushed no matter what, so the hour between labor and the spinal were torture. I was screaming and shaking and sweating.

They took me back fairly quickly once it was all set up. I had to breathe through a contraction for the spinal which was hell.

Once the spinal took over, I felt like I was floating and I was still so tired, I didn't care about the c-section.

I felt the tugging and then heard the screaming and cried. DH got pictures and I got to touch him a bit. That has made all this worth it.

I'm still in a good amount of pain, but I've gotten some good sleep, he's finally nursing some and we're ok.

His head is really bruised from being stuck in my pelvis the wrong way. I'm extremely swollen from the pushing and my bottom half feels like it's going to fall out. Lol.

My dr was fantastic. He stayed late so that he'd be the one to do my csect and just came in to check on me. I'm so grateful I found him.

The first night was pretty hard. I don't really remember much of it other than being in and out of sleep, people hooking things up to me and attempting to nurse Mason.

Yesterday was much better. He slept a great amount overnight, got weighed and whatever else in the nursery (Aaron went with him) and stayed in our room the rest of the time. In the morning, Aaron went to pick up Noah and they came to visit. Noah still doesn't quite get that Mason's coming home with us I think.

Aaron has stayed with Noah since and it's worked out great. Mason and I hang out, eat and go to the bathroom. Nursing was a bit of a struggle, but he's getting the hang of it. Getting up, for me, has been the hardest. I"m getting better at it, but I don't get up enough for going to the bathroom, so by the time I remember to go, it's painful.

I've gone for two walks around the ward. No shower yet and it looks like I might not. Which I don't like. But, it's ok. I've been nastier and I'm sure I will be.

Mason's a fantastic sleeper. Last night, he slept from 7-2:30am. I know it's not the greatest, but he refused to wake up. He naps great, loves his pacifier (he has the worlds strongest suck, I swear) and adores snuggles. He's been sleeping with me since I can't get up that well and I strain myself if I'm holding him and moving.

It's so hard to believe he's actually coming home with us. Straight from me to the house. No NICU in between.

He's an angel and I plan to spoil the heck out of him and Noah.

4 comments:

  1. :) Awesome pics and awesome job!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a treasure! I am smitten already as I am with Noah, so that was a given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan weighed the same amount! I was huge as well, so I can feel for you. I called myself Shamu the Whale! Everyone thought I was having twins and the water that broke turned out to be a second sack, which I didn't know you could even have! I almost had to have the emergency c-section but ended up having him naturally. Congrats to your beautiful little family! Love you honey! Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank God for a safe delivery and a happy healthy little Mason, I am sure your healing will follow suit and I'm thinking of you and hoping you get more comfortable and stronger every day so you are free to enjoy your beautiful family!
    The pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete