Monday, September 21, 2015

Busy Busy Busy

I keep meaning to post, but it's been a very busy month. Aaron was on nights, there was construction in our bathroom for weeks, homeschool stuff started to get busy, and we're working on getting the house actually decorated. Still trying to talk Aaron into a new TV stand thing from Target.

PE started up. Mason doesnt participate, so I try to bring small things for him to do while Noah does the activities.


The whole bathroom thing came up because there was a bubble in the floor that needed fixed. When they pulled it back there was mold....EVERYWHERE.


The box under the vanity was covered as well. So they ripped it out with the flooring and co-board (which apparently is the plastic baseboard thing)



They left a dehumidifier and an "air scrubber" in for the weekend, came in and cleaned stuff up, ripped out drywall, cleaned under the shower where they found the leak, and let it dry for another weekend.


Putting everything back in was pretty fast (sloppy) and was all done in one day. I didn't take a picture of the finish, but it's literally the exact same. We just can't use our shower until the new lip and rubber edging comes in.


We've been working on decorating and doing things around the house. I pulled out fall stuff, and got some new items, to put ot along with our candles to try to get in a fall spirit.


I've also been busy in the kitchen. The boys helped make some delicious banana bread the other day. Mason mashed bananas and added flour, baking soda, and vanilla. Noah cracked and whisked an egg, melted and measured the butter, and worked the mixer. Mason helped pour it into the loaf pan.


Gummy LEGO bricks and minifigs were made as well. They didn't turn out like I expected. They're SUPER sticky but yummy.


We also tried out pumpkin pie overnight oats. Noah was unsure about cold oatmeal, Mason was excited. Come morning time, Noah loved it and Mason was the unsure one. He too two bites and said he was done.


My biggest accomplishment was my cast iron skillets. They had gotten pretty rusty and dingy. I wanted to get them cleaned and prerpped for our big October. We're taking on the October Unprocessed challenge!

This is them before


After being scoured


Finally after being oiled and baked

No comments:

Post a Comment