Thursday, September 3, 2015

I finally get to say things

It hasn't really been that busy, but it feels like it has. With Aaron's schedule, storm stuff, and homeschool stuff, I feel like the day is never really ending. We've been trucking away at school and have completed a few weeks of book work, a chapter of Story Of The World, intro to science and two lessons of spelling.

Surprisingly, he's always excited to do math and geography. The kid is a sponge I tell you. He's madly in love with his LEGO Minecraft and has also started his second Harry Potter book. I have changed up things to help with reading comprehension and am having him fill out "chapter summary" pages after each chapter.


Two days ago Noah and I had an awesome day date. I took him to the Ala Moana Mall to go to the LEGO store for a mini-build. We left early and hit up Barnes & Noble to get his book and I picked up "adult coloring books" for Aaron and myself.


After that we went over to the LEGO store and shopped around a bit. I saw online they released a new series of Minifigs that were all Halloween themed and had an adorable little Halloween house that I decided we needed for decoration. Noah got a new race car, we picked up some female minifigs for LEGO group, and I surprised him with a new Minecraft kit (the winter hideout). We also got two free tractor kits that were the special this month.


We were there too early for the minibuild so we went and got a snack and drink at Starbucks and hung out on a bench near a cute waterfall.


We went back for the minibuild (the scuba guy in the collage above) and headed home. Sadly, what took us 20 min to get to the mall, took an hour and 45 min to get home. There was an oil spill on the main highway and it backed it up for MILES and miles. Aaron got home with Mason from the other side of the island before we did. Over an hour before we did. Crazyness.

Speking of LEGO we went to the Bricks And Minifigs birthday celebration on Sunday. They had specials and prizes and sales. We got a goodie bag, picked up some awesome accessories for the minifigs, and two little kits for the boys (Mason picked a police ATV and Noah got a digger/drill).


The LEGO Group also got spoiled by my mom who sent TWO HUNDRED minifigs to add to our growing collection! I'm working on making up something super special for the kiddos to use all these awesome things.

No comments:

Post a Comment