Friday, May 20, 2011

Sans Pacifier = Sans Sleep

Monday we took it away. It was recommended by Cheri that we start to phase it out or quit cold turkey. We meant to do it when he turned two, but he got all his molars, then croup and all the medications and it just didn't work. He has had a cough for two weeks now, but we decided it was time. Rather than waiting until the summer when we move and change everything around him it'd be better to do it now, I guess.

It wasn't too bad, but the first few days it took him an hour to get to sleep for nap and night. The last two days it's only taken about 30 minutes, but he's also been very tired. Unfortunately I do have to go in at least once to lay him back down because he gets mad. He also gets up at least twice at night now, I don't think he's used to waking up and not being able to find/get one. He's also been waking up very early, as in about 6am.

Yesterday morning he decided he needed to wake up at 5am. I was able to keep him laying down in his bed until 5:45, but after that he had to get up.

He got a bit tired in the morning:


Needless to say, that was a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment