Sunday, August 28, 2011

We've gone viral.

Noah, it seems, had some sort of virus that caused a viral rash. It started out as little flat red marks and turned to bumps that looked like they had puss in them. After battling fevers at night, exhaustion during the day and a severe lack of appetite, I thought we were over it. He had been fever free for 24 hours which meant we could go out into the real world.

Nevermind.

Last night at 1am I wake up to Noah frantically screaming. He had thrown up and was coughing and having a very hard time breathing. I tried so hard to calm him down, but he was terrified. Once I got him calm he was still struggling to get good breaths. So I called the nurse hotline.

To the ER we went.

His x-ray was clear and after two breathing treatments and some Prednisolone, we were sent home with a diagnosis of croup.

Wait....is it February again?

Yes, six months ago Noah had this exact same set-up. Viral rash followed by croup. Last time, however, he also got a double ear infection. Needless to say, I'm paranoid. Thankfully I'm over my head crap but the sleepiness is very sickling feeling. It's a sleepy day around here.

I'm ready for this to be a healthy house....this is too much....

No comments:

Post a Comment