Saturday, January 26, 2013

As I said before....

We're planning to start home-schooling Noah for preschool. It's too expensive out here and I'm overprotective. I'll gladly admit it. I'm a helicopter parent, I'm "paranoid" and I want what's best for him.

Right now, what we (I) feel is best is him being taught, here at home, for the first year or two. I'm really excited to start and I've already started getting things ready.

I know home-schooling can be taboo, but I'm hoping I don't get any odd looks. Thankfully, I have an aunt who home-schools and another who wants to, so at least they cant give me weird side-eyes.

First I've emailed the person in charge of the legal side here in Maryland. I've also joined a co-op, an online group and Pinned near (or maybe over by now) 200 things to go toward homeschooling. I've ordered items from Melissa and Doug (through a co-op!)and picked up some things at Target.

The basement's going to be transformed into Noah's school area. We'll have a book/reading area, his desk, posters, calendars, and anything else a classroom might have.

We'll be starting the Science and Math portions a bit early because this spring and summer, we'll be doing a garden out back. We're so excited!

As for the No Spend Month, well, like I said we failed. Pretty badly too. But I'm ok with that. We at least tried and we did well the first half until we ran out of money. I think it's just too expensive out here.

Groceries cost so much more, the boys had to go to the Dr's a few times (thus using a ton of gas), Aaron goes to work several times for meetings and working, and when it all adds up, we lose a lot.

We'll try it again when we can, maybe later this year when things are a bit calmer, but for now, we're just more aware of our spending.

I was just about to unleash a ton of photos, but I need to organize and update them....I am confused as to what I've printed and what I've put on here....so I'll do that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment