Saturday, January 19, 2013

We all got it

It's been....fun. Haha.

First off, Noah had his 4 year check up on Jan 2. They originally said we could get his four year shots (I didn't believe them) and then when we went to get the shots, they said no. So, Aaron took Noah on Friday the 11th.

That morning, Noah coughed a couple times. I told Noah he wasn't allowed to cough, sadly it didn't work. He came home from the shots in terrible pain and kept saying he couldn't walk. We chalked it up to him being careful with his injection site, which he's known to do when he's hurt, and kept trying to get him to act normal. By the end of the day, we were carrying him everywhere, pulling down and up his pants and dressing him. He was miserable, his leg was hot and red and he was getting warm. That night, he started coughing and got a fever of 102.4 under the arm. We called the Dr, they said to give him Tylenol and alternate with Motrin. Aaron slept with him that night.

The next day he was a bit better, but that cough was there and my throat hurt. I started to feel exhausted, couldn't breathe and overall like death. The next day, Noah and I were worthless. Noah was coughing all over with a runny nose, I was laying around as much as I could trying to breathe and keep my lungs in my body and Mason started coughing.

Joy.

Sunday morning Mason got a fever and threw up all over. The fever broke, but came back later. That night, barely a minute would go by where you wouldn't her one of us coughing. Noah also developed a low fever.

Monday I start feeling a little more human but Mason and Noah aren't any better.

Tuesday Aaron starts coughing and sounding congested. Noah was coughing all night and Mason could barely sleep.

Wednesday night both boys again developed a fever and Noah had a coughing fit so bad he went from 8-11pm where he didn't go more than 30 seconds without coughing. Aaron slept with him again to comfort him.

Thursday morning I called and said we needed to come in. The dr said Noah has/had an upper respiratory infection and Mason had a bad cold. What was her advice? Keep doing what I was doing.

I hate those words. Nothing I'm doing is making a difference so why can't there be something else for me to do. My poor babies were miserable. MISERABLE.

Yesterday, Mason took 30 minute naps all day because he was coughing so much. Poor guy was so exhausted he actually slept 6:30pm to 4am and then after eating slept until 7:45 this morning.

He has NEVER slept like that. NEVER.

Today is a bit better. I'm barely coughing, Noah's got energy and less pink under his eyes (they say from allergies) and Mason's slept better. We'll see how tonight goes. Aaron seems to be back to his old self.

I have pictures, but honestly I'm too tired and lazy to put them up today. Lol. I'll do it tomorrow......

Also, we're going to homeschool (at least for preschool and kindergarten) and we failed the "No Spend Month".

I'll explain later...


No comments:

Post a Comment