Thursday, April 4, 2013

Announcement!!

This is huge. Very huge. I'm putting it out there so I'll be held accountable. We're going Paleo.

What is Paleo? It's a "caveman" diet, or modification of eating habits, that's very basic.

What can we eat? Meats, fish, and shellfish; eggs; tree nuts and seeds; fresh veggies, fresh fruits; healthy fats

What can't we eat? Processed foods; grains; dairy; sugar; legumes; potatoes; processed oils; alcohol

Sounds like it's pretty strict. Honestly, I'm terrified. I love my breads, cookies, crackers, pastas, soda, everything. If it's bad for you, I probably love it.

Thankfully, Pinterest has been invented. I've found SO many different recipes and resources, I'm confident we can do it. Noah, however, might be a different story. We're going to ease him into it since he loves his milk and cheese and anything he likes eating is on the no list. His typical lunch is grilled cheese, quesadilla, pasta, something along those lines. We'll get there though.

And because Mason knows nothing of the no-no foods, it'll be easy to get him eating the right way from the start.

We're starting out with the Whole30 challenge. Essentially you eat the basics for 30 days, but I'm not going to pay for it. I guess it's not really the Whole 30 challenge if all I'm doing is just switching to a paleo style of eating.

Goals. My personal goal is to lose 10lbs by my birthday and 30 by Christmas. I want to be healthy and feel better about myself. I don't really care about the number as long as I like who I am and how I look. I miss liking who I see in the mirror and buying clothes that aren't double the size I wore 5 years ago.

I know I can't go back to my high-school self. NO way to get there. But I can get to a place I'm happy about and if that also goes hand in hand with eating well and exercising, what's wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment