Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 3; the end?

Today is day three and while we've been doing good at maintaining, but the problem is now Mason. Lately he has gotten grumpy when nursing and I believe it's because my supply is low. I've been tracking my calories and exercise and everything to make sure I stay on track. Apparently by eating paleo, I've not even been able to make it to 1200 calories. I need those calories to help make milk for Mason. I'm not going to give up nursing. I'd rather keep the weight and breastfeed than give up nursing to get "skinny".

Aaron is concerned about calcium and protein. Which is a good concern. Without the dairy and limiting what we can eat with lunches, we're struggling. We've found things, but there's SO much prep time and with two kids, who are demanding, it doesn't work out. Just today I made some crock pot pulled pork. It was supposed to go in at 9:30am and I didn't get it in until 10:30am because between Noah demanding food and snacks and drinks and a book and Mason demanding to be held and nurse and held and walk and crawl it gets overwhelming.

We'll be moving to clean eating. By that I mean, no processed foods. I'll make all our bread, tortillas, everything. We'll eat dairy and grains but as healthy as possible. We'll eat grass fed beef, range free chickens and whatever else is out there. I'm determined to get and keep our family healthy and happy, so I will do whatever I can. Right now, that happiness and healthyness starts with Mason getting what he needs, my husband needs his protein and to feel full so he can have the energy to do 12 hr shifts and whatever else is required of him, Noah needs to learn to make healthy decisions and I need to lose weight.

I've been working out lately and I love it. My biggest goal has been to work on running. I've always wanted to be a runner. It's like when you look at a food you know you cant eat but it looks so amazing you just have to have it. I love watching people run and I love how it helps your body. I want to run, I want to be a runner. My knees are terrible, so I don't think I'll ever be able to run a long distance, but for now, I'll do what I can and love it.

Now, onto the boys. Noah is a pistol. He cracks us up every day and he also drives us insane. He's getting into the angry age and he's getting bossy and snotty. We'll get through it, probably with no sanity, but we'll get there. Aaron does a great job when I need a break. Sometimes they get to be a bit too much and I need to decompress. Lately he says "You lost me" and we can't keep a straight face. Today he had gym class and had such a blast. That class is so great for him.

Mason's all over the place. He is getting so fast at crawling and into everything. He loves to babble and experiment with anything he can get his hands on. Now that he's moving so much, he's not packing on the weight and I think he might actually be losing. I'm not sure. He has an appointment on the 25th though so we'll see. 9 months. Holy cow. 15 days until he'll be 9 months old.

Summer is here (I refuse to call it spring, got up to 92 today) and we're working on the garden. I need to put up the pictures but it's amazing! I've never grown anything well and we currently have green beans, peas, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, watermelon, zucchini, summer squash, oregano, cilantro and onions. I'm sure I'll add more in, like broccoli and lettuce, but we need to set up the garden now. The green beans and cucumbers and peas are too tall for their container. And it's been less than a week!

So much going on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment