It's the morning of day two and I'm seriously questioning if I can do this or not. I didn't realize there was SO much on the "no-no" list I ate on a regular basis. Not just the the processed foods, but things with sugar, dairy or grains. I know the longer I do this the easier it will get, so I'm trying.
Yesterday for breakfast I had eggs and a banana, almonds for a snack, "monkey salad" for lunch, more almonds for a snack, beef stew( a paleo version) for dinner and more almonds later.
I wasn't hungry by the end of the day, but I wanted sweets SO BAD. I wanted a piece of bread, a cookie, SOMETHING.
This morning I had sausage and eggs with a banana for breakfast. I'm currently drinking decaf coffee with almond milk (yuck by the way) and wondering what I can eat next.
Maybe at the end of this we'll just cut out processed foods, but I will say, the GMO wheat does concern me now that things are changing. I want my kids to be healthy and I want to be healthy enough to be here for them.
The biggest challenge is getting food for the boys and not eating it myself. I always graze on foods throughout the day. As I'm typing this, there's a box of mini club crackers next to me. I want them. I want the buttery crackerness that is deliciousness.
Grr.
I'm also exercising in conjunction with the "diet". Yesterday we walked around the block. Today, I plan to run. Or at least run as much as I can. Just around the block though.
I keep hearing to let myself cheat a couple times a week or something, but if I cheat once, what's to stop me form doing it again. My issue is that I'm not disciplined enough. The only reason I'm doing this is because Aaron is too, otherwise I wouldn't last a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment