Monday, July 8, 2013

Budget Week 1

Well yesterday was the end to our first week of the new budget. The numbers surprised me!

We did have a couple things pop up that weren't expected. We had to renew our Sams membership- $45 - the bill for my sprained ankle came in - $79 - and the last Target purchase didn't come out when I thought it did so that was $133 of a surprise.

In all other aspects we stayed well under budget.


I added in the Homeschool envelope because we ended up needing some things and I kept taking it out of my envelope.

Overall I'd say it went well. I took out $40 less because of those unexpected bills. Our rent check would have put us $2 overdrawn so I left out the $40 just in case.

We stayed within our weekly budget for groceries of $125 and didn't spend anything for clothing, entertainment, Aaron's work transportation or gas. Thankfully, we wont have to spend anything for Aaron anymore because he got a parking pass!! Saves us about $100 a month! We'll have to redo the budget next month, but at least it's for a good reason!

1 comment:

  1. SO very proud of you! Keep it up!
    Now, I just need to get US back on track!!

    ReplyDelete