Thursday night Mason pulled down our magnetic curtain rod and it hit his finger. He had never been hurt by it before, but this time it hit the nail so hard it detached it some.
Fast forward to this morning and it is green, swollen and he has a fever. I called the after hours dr at 7:13. Since I knew what they'd say I got ready, fed the kids and left for the ER at Walter Reed. I figured we could visit Aaron after since he is working.
We got there a bit before 8 ( nearly 0 traffic, it was heaven!) and there was no wait. Well, 2 hrs and 4 x-rays later wewere getting discharged and antibiotics. Great. Another 15 min later I asked if we could go up and see Aaron while waiting on paperwork. We ran up there (because she sid it would take 10 min, but he was busy. So we went back down and 30 min LATER someone brings in the paperwork and says we have to go to the pharmacy. In a different building. I pick up the 2b baby and 25lb diaper bag and rush there with Noah zipping in and out of chairs. Pharmacy says 20 minutes. Sigh.
So we got to go see Aaron some more, calmly, and tell him what was going on. After we got back downstairs, at about 11am Mason is giving into sleep and passes out at 11:15ish. 10 mon later we get the meds and head to the sweltering car and head home.




Poor little man! I hope he feels better!
ReplyDelete