Thursday, July 25, 2013

That last ER trip I mentioned....

I've been so fried the last few days I forgot I was going to post this....

Anyway, Mason's fever stuck around since Sunday. He was getting it up every 4 hours when he was due for more medicine (alternating IB and Tylenol). The highest it got was 102.8 on Tuesday afternoon when we got home from pictures. After nap, we called in and the dr recommended going back to the ER in case there was a secondary infection.

We got there and they were busy, but it was well hidden. Not a person in the waiting room but the nurse who checked us in said they were "crazy busy back there". Comforting....As I was getting ready to leave (and just call the dr to get in on Wed) the nurse came to take us back.

We get back there and we wait. A while. In that time frame, I wasn't feeling so well. It dawned on me, I hadn't been feeling well the last few days. I bet we have a stomach bug!

I told the nurse and she said to tell the dr what I was thinking. Well, dr didn't seem to care. She also said that she didn't think his finger was the cause of the fever. So what was it? NO clue.

Second dr comes back, bombards me saying I need to let them cath him to get a urine sample. The thought of it made me cry. When Noah was close to that age, he had "orange" in his diaper and I thought it was blood. I rushed him to the Dr and they took him to a different room, put a cath in him and I heard him screaming. I sat there crying waiting for my baby to come back to me. I didn't want that for Mason.

Thankfully they have a cool gel they put on your...well...anyway, you have to let it sit for 30 minutes. Which put the cath going in at 7:30. Ugh. Turns out the test was clean, but he was dehydrated and needing sugar. Also, he was breathing faster than he should be.

Now we don't know what's going on. As of tonight, he has a slight rash on his back, breathing faster, small cough and sneezing, congested, not eating or drinking well, no fever but he has/had diarrhea. Every diaper change since Monday morning was diarrhea except for the last one tonight. Fingers crossed that he's done.

Poor kid didn't get treats on his own birthday....

No comments:

Post a Comment