Sunday, July 14, 2013

Budget week 2

Well, I think the shock of it all is setting in. We know we need to make changes. For example, we went to Target to pick up an extension cord for our weed eater and a new shower curtain liner.

$112 later we were out of there. In my/our defense, most of it was on clearance. I grabbed some games that were marked down from $5.99 to $1.78 for stocking stuffers or gifts. A cart walker for Mason that was $25 and marked down to $13. A sweater for me that was $20 and was marked down to $10.48. Also a Christmas gift for Noah (a DIY robotic dog) that was $23 marked down to $11.

We also picked up a body pillow to fill the space between the bed and crib when Mason's in bed with me, some flash cards for $1 each, cards for Noah's pen pal, jeans for Aaron since all his have holes, and I think one or two things I can't remember (hey, it's 11:20pm and I've been going all day, lol).

We have a Red Card, the debit version, so you get 5% off automatically when you use it. BUT, with the cash system, we can't use it. Since we had such an eclectic grouping of purchases, we decided to use the Red Card and then we'll put the cash into an account and transfer back into our bank account to cover it all.

It's exhausting. Today was withdraw day, so I went and got all our cash for the next two weeks and divvied it up. Somehow I'm $7 over where we should be and I have gone over it SO many times. I gave up.

I still have $50 for pocket money
Aaron still has $70 for pocket money
Groceries went down to $3 but we added $250 for the next two weeks per budget
Eating out went down to $8 and $85 went in for the next two weeks
Entertainment went down to $48 and we added $75 more
I accidentally took out the home-school $ so that will go back in since I used that money earlier to get supplies
Before Target no clothing money was spent so there's $100 in there but $25ish will be going out to cover the jeans and sweater we got
Gas stayed at the $56.96 and we added $90
I didn't have anymore co-op expenses so that stayed at $40.21

On top of all those we also took out for emergency fund, pet supplies, dentist, tags and title and car repairs.

Looking back now, we're probably going to add in a "gift" area as well as some $ for each kid to cover random things like the toys we picked up or just something that doesn't fall under food or clothes.

I'm nervous and excited, but I think we're doing well so far. Half the month down and half to go. It'll be difficult but doable!

Tomorrow we are going to get groceries, I have co-op things to pay for, I got gas today and we're getting geared up to get Mason's birthday party stuff (though that's not in the budget, thankfully we are able to cover it outside of there)

No comments:

Post a Comment