Saturday, February 18, 2012

Four More Days

I hope I'm building this up in my head a lot more than it actually will be, but I start my shots in four days. FOUR. That means that in four days I will be 16 weeks! Holy crap!

To some, you're confused and to others, you get it. My shots are weekly progesterone shots that help prevent preterm labor. The most common side effects I've heard is, severe pain of the injection site, swelling, strong headaches, and strong nausea. Yay.....but, it's for a good reason.

Noah's being a great trooper about everything. On Valentines Day we went in for my "emergency ultrasoud" and he did mostly great during the 45 minute scan. I love that little kid so dang much. He talked to everyone about his elephant and "toy" (tablet).

Here are some pictures we got:

Profile shot of the face


Straight on shot of the face, these creep me out. Alien like isn't it?

Here's little one waving

And finally a cute belly with some long legs (and no, this photo is no "peek" at a possible gender guess)

The tech did tell me that she is 100% certain on the sex of the baby, BUT being that I was 14w6d on the day of the ultrasound, I'm not going out buying some gender specific items (or any for that fact). We will still have our elective ultrasound on the 29th, but we're not revealing right away, to make sure that things don't "change" since they can look the same util about 16 weeks.

Now, onto what you really want to hear about...NOAH!

He has quite the attitude and has really been testing us lately. If we correct something he says or does, he'll yell at us to stop or say "no" and even sometimes put his hand up in the air or to our mouths. Right now, he's also got a problem with "listening". I know it's an age thing and he'll *hopefully* grow out of it, but for now, it's a hot spot. If we try to get his attention he'll also say "what?!" a lot. It may not sound aggravating, but when he does it about 50 times a day, it gets under your skin.....

He's also been learning to be more independent lately. He now puts on his own jacket, pants, socks, some shoes and underwear. It's amazing what he takes in and learns. Along with dressing himself (mostly) he is adding to his "style". He's loving Aaron's hat mom got him a couple years ago. He's worn it out of the house for the last four days any time we leave.


That's what he wore to IHOP yesterday morning. He's so adorable in it I can't say no, not that I'd want to.

1 comment:

  1. Need to find him a hat that matches his daddy's so they can both wear them!! :)

    ReplyDelete