Sunday, February 5, 2012

Only Child Syndrome?

Well, in the last few days, Noah's broken many items.

The day started with him breaking the remote to his remote controlled mixer. He was throwing a fit because he missed part of Arthur and didn't see it through his tear filled eyes.

Immediately he asked for a new one.

A little later he was playing at the train table and sat on it a bit, I told him not to sit on the train table. So what does he do? He sits on the drawer and snaps it.




Immediately he asked for a new one.

After lunch he was playing with a gummy like robot that you stick on windows, those decal decoration things...anyway, he snapped the eyes open when he wore it like a two fingered ring.

Immediately he asked for a new one.

Right now, he's walking around looking for "Koko", the green train from Chuggington, and when he can't find it, he asks for a new one.

Do we spoil him THAT much? I didn't think we did. We've said "no" many times in the stores and we don't go out and buy him new toys when he breaks them, we tell him they're broken and gone. How did this happen?!

Hopefully we'll break him of that when we have another kid some day, until then, I guess we'll keep up with the "no's" and teaching him how to take care of his toys.

In other news, we were sitting at the sofa last night playing with his Magna-Doodle and I hear him say "G mommy! Letter G!". I look over and saw this

1 comment:

  1. It's not being spoiled, it's just his age. That's how his little 3 year old brain thinks right now. He'll get used to the "no"s and the "be careful"s. You did! And the G - that's AWESOME! He's so very smart!

    ReplyDelete