Thursday, August 20, 2015

Back to school!

It took some doing, but we've officially started "school". We are starting light this week and we'll delve into the Science, History and Spelling next week. Mainly because I'm still prepping it. But! I did get all 7 books hole-punched and put into binders.


We've done two days of work already, and because Aaron is off today and tomorrow, we get to take it off and just be with him. One of the best perks of home-schooling right there.



To go along with a new school year, we also had to go get haircuts. Noah needed one as his hair was bugging him by going in his ears, and Mason wanted one because big brother was getting one. It was cute.


Tomorrow is our second LEGO group meeting, so I'm pretty excited. We'll be doing balloon powered race cars and free-building. Aaron's off so he'll hang out with the boys while I set up. He'll also stay and watch how it goes and help out.

We got all the LEGOs separated and the bags of the base of the car made up. The kids will have 5 minutes to select pieces to add to their cars and 5 minutes to build the cars. Then we'll all take turns racing and I have a couple prizes for the winners. I'm not too sure if we'll do that or if they'll just take turns racing each other. Either way, it should be a lot of fun.


Along with all this, Sunday was our 7th anniversary. We chose to go on a family date and tried out a new place called Monkeypod over by the Disney resort in Ko'Olina. I wasn't impressed with the selection, or prices, but the food was great. We had lobster deviled eggs to share, I had the pumpkin ravioli, the boys shared a cheese pizza, and Aaron had the grass-fed loco moco. Afterward we went to Two Scoops and had some dessert and walked over to the Disney hotel at the request of Noah.



No comments:

Post a Comment