We had our first meeting of the LEGO group with some fellow homeschoolers on Thursday morning. I must say, it went well for a small room an 19 children!
I loaded up the car with the LEGO's, Duplos, and my wagon to pull it all in. I also have a 31 tote with a stand up organizer thingy for papers and other items I might end up needing.
I had it set up so there were four tables and each was a different "station". At one was coloring, another was Duplos, the third was challenge building, and the last was the kits.
When they walked in, kids would use some hand sanitizer filled with LEGO's and grab a bag, magazine, poster, passport, and calendar. I asked them all to have a seat and look at the magazines before touching anything so we could go over the "rules" of the group.
The kids all had a blast. I used this week as a tester to see how things should be set up and run and if there was anything else I needed. I will be bringing a rug and putting all Duplos on the ground next time and I will also be limiting the kits I put out. There were four random pieces that were out, and then someone put them somewhere, so I need to find a way to figure that out.
I also used a spare bin as the "return" for when kids were done with their challenges so none of the organizing got mixed up. I would say it worked out well. They had a base plate, challenge card, and freedom to pick the blocks they want.





No comments:
Post a Comment