What does one have to do with the other? Absolutely nothing. Well, maybe not nothing, both are very surprising to find here ;-) I have decided to start working on a better me again. A friend of mine follows 21 Day Fix and I began to look into it. Everything seemed perfect. Portioning healthy, whole, foods based on your bodies needs. Granted Beachbody has a huge system of things you can purchase (I ended up doing just that, and now somewhat regret it) but you don't need all the fancy things. Basically it all comes down to eating what your body needs.
So, I figured up my needs, what amounts of fruits, veggies, proteins, healthy fats, and extras (seeds/dressings and "teaspoons") were right for my body. Then I came up with a meal plan and decided simple was best. I made two days of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Then from there, I prepped.
For my breakfasts my options are: Oatmeal with banana and honey along with turkey sausage OR 2 eggs with toast and strawberries
Lunches are: chicken with brown rice and broccoli OR flank steak with sweet potato and peas (or green beans)
Dinners are: A veggie burger with green beans and roasted sunflower seeds OR salmon with romaine and the 21 Day Fix dijon dressing
Snacks are: pistachios with edamame, carrots with string cheese, boiled eggs with fruit, and/or apple with ham slices
The first two days were great. It was easy just grabbing my food and going. It didn't matter what I made the boys or Aaron, I didn't have to worry about measuring mine or anything. Yesterday, I wanted so badly to eat the chili and cornbread I had made. It looked SO good. But, I knew that if I ate it, I wouldn't know how to log it and I wouldn't control myself. Right now, I very much have a control issue when it comes to food. I stress/bored/emotional eat and when I start, it's hard to stop.
My first day was simple, I had the eggs, chicken, veggie burger, pistachios and apple options
My challenges on Day 1 were that there was SO MUCH food. I am not a fruit person, so asking me to eat a cup of strawberries wont work. I forced myself to eat about 1/3 of a cup and put the rest in the fridge. A little later I thought to thaw them and added to the blender with my teaspoon of honey and water. Made a very yummy smoothie.
That evening I began the 30 Day Shred. I've done it before and love it. It's comfortable and routine. Sadly, I may have pushed myself too far. My calves were SO tight after, I could hardly walk.
The second day was good too, I love steak and salmon. In the morning we ran to Target and I didn't eat breakfast. When we got home I didn't know what to do. I couldn't load my oatmeal with pecans and cinnamon sugar like normal. So I tried banana and honey with a dash of cinnamon like I had seen somewhere online. It was DELICIOUS! So good I forgot to take a picture (the one below is from the next day). Once I hit lunch, I was done for. So many peas. SO SO MANY. I like peas, but a full cup of peas is a different story. It took a while, but I did it.
Once again I pushed myself through 30 Day Shred, this time my legs hurt worse.
The next day, I couldn't walk without wanting to cry. I was waddling and wincing at everything. Still, I stuck to my food. I didn't workout though at the request of Aaron. Honestly, I probably would have done it.
Today is Day 4, it's still hard, but also slightly easier. I made a pulled pork recipe for dinner that I could eat too. It was so delicious.
Now, why do I regret getting the BeachBody 21 Day Fix system? Because I also got Shakeology. I bought the system mainly for the Shakeology, not too sure why. I figured since it was a fancy protein powder and I had used protein powder before, it'd be great. The first time I mixed it with strawberries (to once again help with the fruit issue) and it tasted pretty good.
The second time was good too, though I'm not fond of the aftertaste at first. This time I blended it with strawberries and blueberries.
Now, this morning, I had what I'm calling an "incident". I cannot say for sure if it's linked to the shakes or not. I haven't been eating anything unhealthy since it's all whole foods. But I suddenly felt my head being squeezed, had blurry tunnel vision, and my arms and legs were heavy and hard to move. I was very scared and nearly called 911. Thankfully after a couple minutes of rest I felt a lot better.
Overall, I know I am "only" four days in, but I will not be continuing the shakes. I will be tracking and portioning my food. I log it all on My Fitness Pal to make sure I stay within a healthy limit of calories. So far I have been good except for today I am too low. Less than 1200 calories is not healthy and should not happen. Even if you eat something "unhealthy" it's better than not allowing your body to get it's bare essentials of caloric needs.
Tomorrow is a new day and a path to a new, and healthier, me. I have 30 lbs at minimum to lose to be a healthy weight, but I'm not too worried about the scale. I just want to FEEL better.
What about the thunderstorms? THEY ARE ACTUALLY HAPPENING. It's been nearly a year since the last time I heard thunder or saw lightning, but for the past few days, we've had storms. Real, strong, magnificent storms. Sadly, that's also meant flooding and there have been many issues because of it. But I will keep smiling when I hear that rumble. Now if only it brought relief to the heat instead of making it feel like a sauna.
















No comments:
Post a Comment