Obviously the whole "post from phone" thing didn't go so well.
July was crazy though. In May we got approval to move for medical reasons and break our lease without being fined. Aaron had his wisdom teeth out and on that same day we were offered not one, but TWO houses! While Aaron slept, I took the boys to drive by the houses to see if either would be a good fit for us.
The first was a single family, single level, handicap accessible home in the community we wanted since before we came here. The other was a single family home in the historic houses on Fort Shafter (close to where Aaron works).
We drove by the first and even though it was close to the gas station, I knew it would be awesome because it is all one level, close to a friend, and easy in and out of the gated community. The second house is pretty secluded in what looks like a literal jungle. The backyard is gigantic trees that block the sun, and even though the house is pretty, there is no central air conditioning and it's on a hill with no yard.
So we went with the first house.
The current tenants wouldn't be out until the end of June so we began the waiting game. Because of Aaron's scheduling, we couldn't ask for him to take time off, so we had to hope a 4 day weekend would come up at the same time we could take the house. Thankfully, even though it wasn't a four day weekend, we were able to coordinate it. We moved in on a Friday with the help of two teenagers I hired from our homeschool group. It was hard, but awesome. The boys were with us all day and tried their best to help, and Noah was all about flirting with the 15yr old girl so much that she said she was uncomfortable. Lol.
Anyway, we've been here two and a half weeks now and even though there have been a couple issues, it's amazing. Once we get it all worked out, we'll be very happy here for our last two years.
Noah has lost his 7th tooth, Mason's talking like none other, potty-trained except at night (though he wakes up dry 98% of the time), and Aaron has started a new course of training that has him going non-stop. Sadly it's taken a toll on him, well rather his feet, and he's had to pull back some but he's still very driven to complete it all and hopefully earn a slot for the course he's training for.
As for me, I've decided to start a Builders Group in our homeschool community. So far we have 20 kids who will be coming and I am hoping to fit more in after our first meeting. I've sifted through 1000's of LEGO's and Duplos. I think I am ready, but I'm sure the closer we get the less ready I will be.
For the homeschooling part of our lives, I'm still working on that. We're going to be piecing things together ourselves.
History: Story of the World Vol 1
Science: REAL Science Odyssey Earth & Space
Language: Language Smarts B & C
Writing: Handwriting Without Tears 1st Grade and Daily 6 Writing
Spelling: All About Spelling Level 1
Math: Math Reasoning and Tenzi games
Daily Geography
Art will be a combination of going to the Art Explorium and a couple books we have on hand
We'll also be going to PE weekly and doing our LEGO group weekly.
I think I have our schedule pretty well figured out. We'll see if I can actually do it all. I am hopig to work Mason into the mix this year. While Noah does his bookwork on his own, I'll be doing small things with Mason. They'll be doing things together for Story of the World, Science and crafts.
I'm very excited, and scared, of this upcoming year, but they're awesome so I know it'll end up great!






No comments:
Post a Comment