Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mason's 3!

I'm a terrible mom and didn't post the instant his party was over :-( It was a blast though. Of course he wanted Paw Patrol so that was a no brainer. Given that it was a week after we moved in the new house I was just happy that it was something I can get premade items for. We went to Party City and they had an end cap full of Paw Patrol. I picked up pretty much everything.


I wanted to do the cutsey foods and tags with adorable names. But I didn't. It was too much work and since Aaron was still working and I was unpacking up until the morning of, I needed simple. Mason made it easy by demanding pizza and cake for his party. Ha.


Sadly, I apparently put the wrong time on the Facebook invite (grandma's right, the best way is a paper invite. Always.) and it was supposed to be at one but the time on the event was two. It was ok though. I kept the pizzas, breadsticks, and hotdogs in a warmed oven until everyone was there.


The kids all ran around playing, like I figured they would, and the adults hung out to talk. We hadn't all seen each other really for a month when we all started summer and move stuff so it was nice getting to talk to everyone in one place rather than on texts or Facebook messages.


I wanted the cake to be special so I ordered it from a military spouse who does cake decorating. She did awesome. The fondant started to pull away some but that's because it was so hot out, which I completely understood. I threw it in the deep freeze for 10 min and set it in front of the fan until we were ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment